R U L E S
- 7th International Festival of Animation ANIMANIMA is organised by the Cultural Centre in Čačak, between 5th and 8th September 2013. The Festival is held under the auspices of the City of Čačak and Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Serbia.
- The festival invites authors from all over the world to submit their applications. Works in any available animation techniques are accepted. For any film formats that represent a combination of animation and live action, the total part of the animation segment must be at least 50% of the total length of the film.
- Only films made after 1st January 2012 can be entered for the competition programme.
- The competition programme will be organized in three categories:
1) films intended for the general public, with the running time of up to 30 minutes
2) animated commercials and music videos
3) films for children and teenagers, aged 7 to 15
- The films for the competition programme are shortlisted by the Festival’s Art Director, in collaboration with the Festival’s Programme Producer and the appointed member of the Festival Board.
- Any films that are not selected for the competition programme may be selected by the Festival Art Director for screening within some of the special, non-competitive programmes.
- All of the submitted films will be stored in the ANIMANIMA Festival’s archive, and may be used exclusively for non-commercial screenings in educational facilities, artistic organizations and institutions, at affiliated festivals in other cities in Serbia, serving solely educational purposes and aiming to promote the ANIMANIMA Festival.
- The Festival Office will inform the authors about the films shortlisted for the respective programmes, not later than 1st July 2013.
- Formats acceptable for screening at the festival competition programme and the world panorama are:
a) HD (.mp4 ili .mov)
The file is to be sent recorded on a data DVD disk or – alternatively – a link to the download location of the film is to be sent.
The links are to be sent at the following Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
b) DVD-PAL, Region Free
The films are to be submitted on a DVD PAL disk.
ENTRY OF FILMS
- Every applicant (author/producer/distributor) must indicate in the application form the competition category for the entered film.
- A single author may enter two or more films, in which case each film must have its separate application form.
- To enter a film for the Festival, it is necessary to complete the electronic application form on the Festival website.
- Each application must be supported by two stills taken from the film (maximum size 1MB).
Fotos should be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Any films featuring non-English dialogues must have an English subtitle.
- For the films featuring English dialogues, it is necessary to supply the dialogue list, at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The films ought to be sent to the following address:
Dom kulture Čačak
Trg ustanka 2
The parcel must be labelled as follows:
NO COMMERCIAL VALUE – CULTURAL PURPOSES ONLY
- The deadline for submitting films is 1st June 2013 (date of the seal).
COSTS OF APPLICATION AND POSTAL COSTS
- No registration fee is charged for the entry of films.
The senders will bear the postal costs of sending the films and the accompanying material.
The Festival does not accept any collect-on-delivery postal costs.
- The international Festival Jury is made of three members, whose area of activity is directly or indirectly related to animation: directors, animators, script writers, producers, distributors, film critics, educators, programme/art directors of animation festivals, journalists, authors and others.
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
a) The Festival awards are:
▪ Grand Prix – “The Golden Peg Bar” (diploma and money award)
▪ ”C&M Special” for the best animated commercial or music video (diploma and money award)
▪ Award for Special Achievement (diploma and money award)
▪ Award for Best Children’s Film (diploma and money award)
b) Festival distinctions, awarded for: film direction, animation, scenario, graphic design, sound design (diploma)
c) Award of the Audience (diploma)
d) Award of the Children’s Jury (diploma)